Updated November 2020
The Gamoteca platform and player app (“Gamoteca”) is owned and managed by Technovatio Limited. Technovatio is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered office at: Quadrant House, 4 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW.
- A platform for game creators (“platform”) to easily create and publish micro-learning experiences. The Gamoteca platform is located at https://www.gamoteca.com and its sub-domains.
- A mobile learning app (“app”) for learners, referred to on Gamoteca as players (“players”) to access the game-based learning. The Gamoteca mobile app is available on the Google and Apple app stores, as well as at https://play.gamoteca.com.
You may register through Gamoteca to be:
- A Creator who creates games and publishes them through the Platform and/or,
- A Player who accesses the game-based learning on the App.
At Technovatio, we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
Please read this policy carefully to understand how we collect, use and store your personal data.
Why do we collect and process personal information?
Technovatio processes personal information for the legitimate interest of understanding the needs of its clients and users and developing products and services that meet their needs.
We may use your personal information to:
- Facilitate access to Gamoteca and the learning games hosted on the platform;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts or agreements entered into by you and us;
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notify you of changes to Gamoteca; and
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about the Gamoteca’s activities and promotion of our other platforms, products, and services.
- You agree that any information you provide to us about yourself upon registration or at any time is true.
See the Terms and Conditions of Use for more information.
How do we collect your personal information?
Gamoteca has been developed to serve the needs of
- Game creators (individual trainers and teams) and through them their end users,
- Players accessing games through the player app.
Your data may be collected when:
- Registering on Gamoteca as Creator on the Platform or as a Player on the App.
- Using Gamoteca as a creator, you may be asked to provide us with key team information, e.g. organisation name, main administrators, contact email addresses, country location, and other similar information. We will use this information to allow you to use Gamoteca, including to create learning games and publish games to your end Players.
- Creating content on Gamoteca, e.g. games designs, players details, training venues, etc. Games created and played through Gamoteca will be stored on the Platform (and will be visible by other game creators within your organisation).
- Publishing games through the Platform may be available to other Players or teams to access, edit and play.
- Playing and facilitating games, i.e. user generated content during game play, e.g. text, photos and videos.
- If you pay for a Gamoteca Pro or Enterprise subscription (see https://www.gamoteca.com/pricing/), minimum transaction data (subscription ID, customer ID) related to payments made via our payment provider, Stripe (https://stripe.com/) will be stored on Gamoteca. Note: We do not store credit card details, addresses, and other billing details on our platform.
We use this information on the basis of your consent. Please note that you can withdraw that consent at any time in the manner set out below.
Information about use of our website
We also obtain information about how people use our website, platform and player app so we can improve it. This information will identify you individually only where it is necessary to do so. In particular, if you visit our website we may record information about:
- The areas of Gamoteca you visit
- The amount of time you spend on Gamoteca
- Whether you are new to Gamoteca, or have visited it before
- How you came to Gamoteca – for example, through an email link or a search engine
- The type of device and browser you use.
- The types of interactions you engage in, e.g. clicking the game play button
Some of this information may also be recorded by using cookies.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you.
Who may have access to your personal information?
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Disclosure of information to third parties: Platform content
- If you engage with Gamoteca, your name, email and game play data will be visible to other users of your team.
Games published through Gamoteca may be visible to other Players and Creators depending on publishing settings.
- As a Player, when you join a game created and published by a Creator (within or outside your team), your name, email and user generated content and game data (e.g. text, photos, videos uploaded) will be made available to the Creator for game monitoring and providing feedback.
- We may also need to disclose your information if required to do so by law, a regulator or in the course of legal proceedings.
Disclosure of information to third parties: platform management and analytics
- Technovatio may contract third parties to provide site management or data analysis services that help ensure Gamoteca provides a high-quality experience.
- All of Technovatio’s third party suppliers are contractually obliged to abide by UK law in the processing and storage of your data, which includes compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union.Gamoteca also makes use of tracking and analysis tools from Google, Facebook, MixPanel and Intercom as well as other appropriate systems, to understand how people use our website, platform and player app so we can make them more effective.
Retention of your personal information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or as long as is set out in any relevant agreement you enter into with Technovatio.
Protection of your personal information
- We take appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure that we keep your information secure, accurate and up to date, and that we only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary.
- Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal information, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We do our best to protect personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our website, so any transmission is at the user’s own risk.
Sending information by email
- Emails aren’t always secure, and they may be intercepted or changed after they have been sent. Technovatio does not accept liability for any damage or loss caused or suffered in connection with any such communications. The contents of emails reflect their author’s views and not necessarily those of Technovatio.
- Please do not send Technovatio any confidential information, financial or other sensitive personal data through email.
- The information in emails is confidential, so if you’ve received one by mistake, please delete it without copying, using, or telling anyone about its contents.
Your rights and choices
Data protection laws provide you with various rights. In particular, you have a right to:
- Be removed from our marketing mailing lists, or to change your marketing preferences
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you, for which we may charge a small fee
- Ask that we update the information we hold for you, or correct information you think is incorrect or incomplete
- Ask that we delete the information we hold about you
- Withdraw consent to our processing of your information (to the extent such processing is based on consent) or otherwise object to our processing of your information
The Gamoteca team
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your information you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner. Her website is available at https://ico.org.uk.